Serwery

Monitor 60Hz vs 144Hz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sniezka_BLR, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Sniezka_BLR

Sniezka_BLR Gold Nova Master
    border=""

Hi guys!
    I collected myself a new computer and the question arose about the monitor more precisely about its frequency (this is not response time). After two weeks of experiences, I came to some conclusions that I would like to share with you.
    My old beast (notebook) HP Pavilion:
    Intel HD 520 (1024mb), Nvidia 940m (2048mb)
    Intel core i7-6500u
    16gb ddr3
    2tb 5400 rpm
    max 1920: 1080 HD (in CS 800: 600)
    developer "1"
    fps_max "101"
    rate "25000"
    cl_cmdrate "101"
    cl_updaterate "101"
    ex_interp "0.1"
    To view the FPS in the game, you can use the net_graph command or the legendary FRAPS.
    I can raise FPS
    override "1"
    developer "1"
    fps_max "150"
    It gives me more comfort (the dynamics of the game are more pleasant), but as you know the increase in FPS gives an additional load
    graphics adapter in consequence of which the CPU temperature rises. This notebook was bought refurbished and I found by
    serial number when bought for the first time and the reason for the return. The reason is overheating and apparently restored not
    very good After games such as fallout3, stalker and even HL2, I have to disassemble the computer and apply thermal grease as
    it dries completely (burn out). With FPS> 100, I get 85 degrees which is absolutely abnormal for CS16. therefore I play 100 but so my cooling fan does not shut up. Distracted sorry, back to the monitor =)
    My new beast (desktop):
    Nvidia gtx1060 (3gb)
    Intel Core i5-7400 3.5
    16gb ddr4 (2400)
    ssd 250gb and sata 1 tb 7200 rpm
    Max 1920: 1080 HD 60Hz (in CS 800: 600)
    FPS 150 everything is fine, of course there was a slight discomfort since the new screen, new keyboard, etc. but in a week I
    got used to. Took to test the monitor at 144Hz and how do you think that has changed? NOTHING! I changed fps spent
    various tests, but in CS16 I did not notice any improvements or any deterioration other than the visual image, but this is natural because another screen is a different matrix. I distributed both HS and distributed as I received them and receive. My skill has not changed, and it didn’t become easier to play. A week later, I returned to 60. That's where the miracles began =)). I did not feel much discomfort immediately, but I felt
    Sometimes in the game it seemed to me that I was lagging, but then looking through the dem and stream, I saw that the FPS did not fall.
    Findings:
    The update frequency does not have a special impact on the gameplay, therefore you should not buy a 144Hz monitor
    for the sake of an advantage whose time is usually milliseconds. Basically, the update frequency affects the player's perception of the gameplay.
    It turns out that using a monitor with a refresh rate of 144 Hz is worth it solely to make it more comfortable
    feel in the game and get more pleasure from it, because of particular practical benefits in acquiring such
    there is no monitor.
    Well, I will add a monitor of 144 Hz with FPS set = 200 gives 180 190, the screen is updated 2 times faster, the picture
    higher quality and much less strained eyes.
    144 in CS16 will not give advantages over a player like you. Only deceivers-marketers can argue that they are interested only in sales and of course "sofa experts" are people who sit on couches and stare at TV and also leave comments on all posts in social networks because they think they know everything and in fact even 10 books in life is not mastered. In this situation, they use the iron argument that all cyber sportsmen require monitors from organizers 144. Firstly, not all, and secondly, the answer is obvious: they play on that frequency everywhere - at home, at work and in other tournaments. For a long time, they got used to 144. At a lower frequency, they simply will not be able to realize their potential and will feel strong discomfort. They will feel that everything slows down and lags.
    p.s. I do not earn much, treatment is expensive, my vision is good, so I will buy a monitor for 144 a little later.
    This is all solely my point of view and only for CS16 is not for CSGO.
    Thanks for attention!

EliTe^, Beckham and BadA! like this.
  2. -=Evil Clown=-

-=Evil Clown=- Master Guardian
    border=""

So you using desktop now no more laptop, Good i can see your graphic card is a beast nvidia GTX 1060 and 3 GB GDDR5 right, well if you using that kind of graphic card and you want to increase your FPS you have to change your monitor from 60hz to 144hz, like the one im using right now im using Nvidia GTX 1050ti and my monitor is ASUS MG248Q 144hz im playing CSGO and my FPS there is about 600 to 700 FPS max. Nice man very good choice.

Beckham, BadA! and Broom like this.
  3. Broom

Broom New
    iR Gamer

Good choice! I don't understand much about monitors but, the change from 60hz to 144hz makes a huge difference as already stated by Evil Clown. Hopefully a new monitor, if you so change, will increase your perception skills, such as flick shot or straiff due to the hertz change.

Beckham, BadA! and -=Evil Clown=- like this.
  4. StratoVarius

StratoVarius Supreme Master First Class
    border=""

I still got my old monitor but I'll definitely buy a new one soon, since I changed the whole comp, got myself a:

Intel Core i7 8700k CPU
    Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 AMP 8GB DDR6 Graph card
    16 GB DDR4 RAM Memory
    MSI Z390-A Pro (MS 7B98) Motherboard

This bad boy runs destiny2 with everything up through the roof without any sign of lagging, lol, CS 1.6 runs pretty smooth too :p I like the smooth feels of very high FPS, I know it's useless to be that high but I stack it up at 500 fps and it's usually constant at 500 fps, lol

EliTe^, KeV, tyroneB and 1 other person like this.
  5. -=Evil Clown=-

-=Evil Clown=- Master Guardian
    border=""

Wow @StratoVarius you can play 4k gaming in your PC impressive

KeV and StratoVarius like this.
  6. tyroneB

tyroneB New
    iR Gamer

ye congratz. The very first time I played it also felt like just a subtle change and I was like "hm ok not what I've expected but still nice", but changing it to 60hz makes you realize how much of a difference it actually makes xD. And @StratoVarius dayumn rtx 2080 I only have rtx 2070 :S and intel PCs were too expensive for me (since I'm dumb and I can't build PCs myself I bought it from on online shop where you can configure, but they'll build it for you. And Intel builds were like 200-300 euro more x_X) so I settled with ryzen.

StratoVarius and Beckham like this.
  7. Promethius

Promethius Silver
    border=""

144 hz is fantastic to play with. There is a very clear advantage over 60 hz players. Enjoy :D

EliTe^ likes this.
  8. EliTe^

EliTe^ Gold Nova
    border=""

144hz is not a scam im my opinion and many people more the problem you were had with the test is that you tryed it on cs1.6 which is an old game that does not benefit much from a 144hz screen try with one of the ne games if you are into them

9. Sniezka_BLR

Sniezka_BLR Gold Nova Master
    border=""

Text Document - it's not full white! now i saw everything = )))))))))) 60_165.png